Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cambodia Culture - Chinese Culture

So while reading the book, and after reading Victoria's posts, I have really noticed the similarities between Chinese culture and Cambodia culture. Now I knew going into reading this book, that India and China had heavily influenced Cambodia culture, but I really did not know how heavy. After reading this book, I really can now see that Chinese and Cambodia culture is almost parallel. If anything, there are a few differences. I guess that this influence is just like Chinese food on America, only on a much larger scale.
Did you know anything about how close these two cultures are before reading the book? Or were you very surprised like I was?

2 comments:

  1. aftr reading this book i get cambodia and china mixed up. before in a prior post i was going to write china but then i remebered it was cambodia. this reminds me of how japan was influenced by korea which was influenced by china.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In many ways Cambodia is alike China but, I didn't know that until I read the book.

    ReplyDelete