Thursday, November 12, 2009

new words found in chapters 7 and 8

disperse-to drive or send off in various directions; scatter
innate-existing in one from birth; inborn; native
brutality-the quality of being brutal; cruelty; savagery.
enduring-patient; long-suffering
clambering-of or pertaining to plants that creep or climb like vines, but without benefit of tendrils.
devour-to swallow or eat up hungrily, voraciously, or ravenously.
engulfed-to swallow up in or as in a gulf; submerge
discreet-judicious in one's conduct or speech, esp. with regard to respecting privacy or maintaining silence about something of a delicate nature; prudent; circumspect.
agonizing-accompanied by, filled with, or resulting in agony or distress
grieve-to feel grief or great sorrow

1 comment:

  1. I really like reading books that help expand my vocabulary. This book was no different. One word that I really liked on this list was Devour. I have never herd of this word before I read this book. I think that this is a word that I can defiantly use in the future.

    ReplyDelete