Friday, November 13, 2009

connections pg 175

"I have found a family for you!" the man tells us excitedly a week later. "They have some small children and an old grandmother. They need someone to help with the children and around the house and they are anticipatation to meet my new family.

This part of the book reminds me of a book I read when I was a child named Ruby Holler. There was two kids that that were in a foster home and they had many families that took care of them. Everytime there was a new family that was going to adopt them they always said "I found a new family that would like to adopt you." These two kids have been to many families and everything and they don't know who their real parents are unlike the children in this book.

2 comments:

  1. I think that it is really cool that you were able to make a connection to a past book that you read. Me personally, I have not read anything that I can relate to another book that I read, But it's really great to see how there are similar thoughts between two very different books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read a book that can relate to this aswell. the shakespeare stealer, an orphan is in an orphanage and the head lady gives him up to a stranger that doesnt take good care of him.

    ReplyDelete